Our Training Programs…
Any Breed Any Age!
. SPECIALIZING IN PRIVATE IN “YOUR HOME” DOG TRAINING.
. SERVING SOUTHERN/CENTRAL NH AND NORTHERN MA AREA. YOUR GENEROUS DONATIONS ALLOW US TO EXPAND THE AREA WE CAN TRAIN AND HELP OTHERS IN NEED.
. TRAINING YOUR DOG USING LOVE, PRAISE, AND POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT.
* Every dog receives a certificate of completion for each class he or she completes.
* Animals are always looking for leadership so they’re waiting on you to tell them what to do. If you don’t show them what you want them to do (leadership skills) they’ll simply look elsewhere, effectively turning yourself into one of the pack instead of the leader of that pack.
TRAINING PROGRAMS INCLUDE
Six Week Basic Obedience Training- I come to your home once a week for six weeks and teach all the basic obedience commands or whats called the "seven common commands" to start your dog off being well rounded and so much more....
I do follow ups or just check in with clients via skype
First lesson will be about two hours, we cover a lot of material including the heel and sit as well as going over nutrition, toys, games, grooming as well as discussing any behavior issues that need to be addressed. I teach you through dog psychology, how to understand your dog and why he or she has the behavior issues they have and how we are going to rehabilitate them.
Day Training - We offer day training to assist a busy life style. When you don't have time to spend an hour with me, that's ok! I can train your dog at your home even when your unavailable to be there yourself. When you need your dog to be better but life is to busy. I train your dog in your home then teach you the necessary skills to maintain the training for a happier pet and household.
* Behavior Rehabilitation - Our behavior rehabilitation class is three lessons and designed to fix specific behavior problems with your dog. Some of the more common behavior issues we rehabilitate are......
- Separation Anxiety
- Aggression/Playing rough
- Will go up but not down stairs
- Pulling the leash when walking ------ See our free doggie boot camp.
- Sniffing the ground constantly
Unintended Positive Reinforcement this is probably the number one reason for dogs continuing an unwanted behavior. Meaning when a dog performs an undesirable behavior our response to that behavior is going to determine the dog’s train of thought.
Your dog barks excessively! You’re not sure why but in response you pick him or her up if there a small dog (In essence you were saying its ok, good job, I’ll give you affection now) this is unintended positive reinforcement. May be it’s a large dog and rather than pick it up we go over to the dog and say NO! QUIET! SHUT-UP! Or we give him a pet on the head and say its ok it just a squirrel or a bike or whatever… (In essence you are saying its ok because they don’t understand no, quiet or shut-up but they do perceive the loud noise that just came from your mouth as a bark and as far as there concerned you just joined in the bark fest) again this is unintended positive reinforcement.
It is very important to understand why our dog is performing the undesirable behavior before we can rehabilitate it. There is always something in his environment causing the unwanted behavior, and most of the time it is something we are doing or not doing properly. Domesticating a dog causes multiple problems when we don’t consider the dog’s needs or that it is a dog and not a human.
- Puppy Training / Temperament Testing / Consultation
- Getting your puppy started out on the right paw is always rewarding as they get older. This is designed to teach the new owners the do's and don'ts with treats, toys, leash training, nutrition, housebreaking, preparing them to like grooming and people touching them.
- Advanced off leash obedience training - teaching your dog to follow all commands off leash, must have completed our basic obedience program.
- Taking your dog on a walk without a leash and having him stay beside you adds much more enjoyment to your walks and hikes.
- Getting your house breaking training started at an early age will be a blessing later.
- Poison proofing
- Ever had a dog get into the closet or under the sink where most of us keep our household chemicals? These chemicals are harmful to our animals as well as us.
- Bringing a new baby into the home - Ever wonder how your dog is going to react to your newborn when he or she comes home from the hospital?
* Most people don't think about this until it’s too late, it is a crucial step in training for your dog, don't forget about this.
* We train in multiple languages! In addition to English we have trained in German, Chinese and Hungarian. What ever the language we can train in it.